The new Queensland Senior English syllabus (implementation from 2019) affects all aspects of teaching and learning – new teaching content, new course structure and a new approach to assessment. AsEPAA Secondary Publisher of the Year 2017, 2018 and 2019, Oxford University Press is committed to helping teachers and students in Queensland reach their full potential.
Our brand new two-volume series,English for Queensland,is designed to exemplify possible learning pathways and model approaches to text analysis and creation by providing depth and complete coverage of the new syllabus in format that encourages all students to succeed. Units 1 & 2 (Book 1) and Units 3 & 4 (Book 2).
Key features include:
- Comprehensive coverageof the new syllabus, building on key knowledge and skills from junior English
- Assessment support and resourcesincluding exam preparation and practice
- Highly engaging write-in textbook formatwith direct and concise style
- Sequencing of key contentscaffolds student learning and aids navigation
- Explores a range of engaging textsincluding classics, contemporary and media texts (including digital, multimodal and visual texts)
- Supports differentiated teachingwith a range of appropriately levelled ‘Your Turn’ questions and activities or each section
- An English Toolkitwhich is a stand-alone reference section that explains the structure of the syllabus, supports the acquisition of key skills and provides practical tips for success in English
- Additional digital learning resourcesto support both teachers and students.