A practical interpretation of the syllabus and innovative digital capabilities encourage students to understand concepts and apply their skills within a real-world context.
- Developed specifically for the new QLD Essential Mathematics syllabus by an experienced team of QLD educators who have taught at all levels and at all types of schools and have much success with developing resources for Prevocational Mathematics.
- Reflects the spirit of the new syllabus with its combination of a practical one-topic-per-lesson approach, a strong focus on developing fundamental skills and applying these to real-world contexts, and clear opportunities to differentiate learning and cater for the various needs of students taking this subject.
- Encourages students to solve mathematical problems in real-world contexts that are relevant to their lives and future careers, and will prepare them for their internal assessments.
The Interactive Textbook and Online Teaching Suite, powered by Cambridge HOTmaths, offer a new level of digital support:
- Videos for every worked example demonstrate the thinking and working-out to enhance classroom teaching, encourage independent learning and support revision.
- Workspaces: Students can choose to complete every exercise online in the Interactive Textbook. They can self-assess their answers and submit them along with their working to the teacher for feedback.
- Each topic is supported by interactive HOTmaths widgets, walkthroughs and downloadable worksheets.
- Comprehensive worked solutions for all questions are provided in the Interactive Textbook as an option that teachers can choose to make available to students.
- The tried and tested Learning Management System (LMS) – available with the Online Teaching Suite – combines task-management tools, a powerful test generator, ready-made tests, and a suite of student and whole-class reports.